[pmwiki-users] "Official" release of UserAuth2 recipe

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:09:44 CDT 2007

On 5/17/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> I'd find it helpful to know what advantages UserAuth2 offers over
> AuthUser. It would seem finding a way to add those in to AuthUser
> would be a preferable path. At least it's what I've tried to do with
> the MemberMgmt recipe and ZAP's authentication scheme--which tries to
> tie into and expands AuthUser's capabilities.  But then again, if
> there are various UserAuth2 features not possible in AuthUser, that's
> a different story.

I'd *love* to see group authentication..  I don;t believe that exists
today.  Specifically, given a username and password, the
authentication scheme should load a list of the groups the user is in
and act accordingly..

I don't mind which authentication plugin has this, tho obviously
AuthUser would be the simplest..

If this was added recently and I'm not aware of it, feel free to jump
up and down and toss the Fine manual at me...

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com
http://blog.godshell.com