[pmwiki-users] Recipe Redundency... problems?

Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX admin at obutex.com
Thu May 17 11:10:50 CDT 2007

Concerning  JITS and redundancy:
There were 3 reasons why I created JITS:

1) PITS is a bit different from standard recipes with no customisation
possibilities
for a non-php programmer - it is fully php script.

2) I tried to handle JITS with the minimal dependency on non-core recipes ;
As well I wanted to enable visitors to add and comment issues without
giving them
edit rights. (In PITS you have to edit the page when voting or adding
comment).
When I started JITS several month ago I did not know how to
- maintain  passing parameters among pages
- get and handle posted parameters
- create a new page and insert PTV (handling PTV was not known in PmWiki
in those days) using forms
- save/change PTV values using forms
using (in that time current) recipes - neither know now :-(

3) I wished to have several tracking systems in one site with filtering
possibilities and pre-defined terms and
keywords (e.g. HolidaysPlan with staff names instead Project names or
ToDo for each user etc.)

Just Fastdata -> ZAP recipe allowed me to do it.
All the JITS controlling sources are standard PmWiki pages with a few
ZAP commands.
To do the customisation is easy - the site admin need not know ZAP commands
and now,  when PmWiki extremly expanded the form markups in 2.2.0 betas
it will be
probably possible reduce some of them.

Regards,
Jiri