[pmwiki-users] french translation

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:09:36 CDT 2007

On 5/16/07, jdd <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >     http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiFr/XLPage
>
> there don't seems to ba any problem with this page, but when one
> install ther i18n package, many things don't works or stay in english,
> beginning with the sidebar, the "edit sidebar" link, and, for example,
> the recent changes link is broken.
>
> "Main/ModifsDuGroupe" n'existe pas. looks like the page name wes
> translated, but the french page was not created.
>
> also the main page content
>
> I dunno where I can change this cleanly

This probably comes from the fact that "System" and "Default" pages
(ie. Site.???, ???.RecentChanges, Main.HomePage,...) have their names
been translated through the XLPage content.

In order to help building multilingual wikis and to minimize issues
related to heterogeneous system locale configurations, I would suggest
to try to keep these names untranslated and rely on the (:title:)
markup to offer the translation.

Regards,
Dominique