[pmwiki-users] Slashdotting?

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Mon May 14 09:53:36 CDT 2007

On Sun, 13 May 2007 21:13:26 -0400
Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:

> Oh, and the advice about avoiding pagelists is good. The bit
> about dynamically created pages is confusing though. Aren't all
> PmWiki pages dynamically created?

Yes and No. There are better authorities than me, but:

Any page that contains an expression that's evaluated at runtime
is a dynamic page, and therefore will not be cached.
That includes pagelists and all the variations, "dynamic" receipes
such as all the ZAPs and variations, automatic table of contents...

PmWiki tries to cache if possible. Better experts will be able to
tell you the exact conditions of when caching is NOT done.

--
Thanks
http://www.sqlhacks.com