[pmwiki-users] Outline Refinements in PMWiki

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun May 13 21:11:33 CDT 2007

I do a lot of workflow and process documentation where we would like to
mix and match numbered lists with bulleted indentation.  Standard
outline cascade styles would also be nice but mission critical..

1

For now I would be content if the numeric series could be maintained
across indented lines with bullets.

In the following, the numbers will revert to 1. after the bullets. Is
there a solultion?

------- Sample wiki code
!!!Process Slideshow
# You should have only one slide show in the TAKA folder
* we usually do only one a day
* You can do 2 a day but must set the iFrame ID of the second one to "2"
# Slideshow folder should be properly named; it usually is  by default.
If it is not the CGI will break!
# open slide show folder; sort by kind; open all *.txt files in BBEdit
in one pass.
# These are all the captions; they will not be in order, but it doesn't
matter
# Proof read and spell check each one carefully. This is the only time
this is done.
# Check the size of the photos.
* Max width 360 and height 270 See [[Slideshows.FunctionalSpec]] for
slide show specs and details
*  if too big, then run on Droplet to resize for Slide show
** Caveat: Adobe terminated ImageReady! if you uninstalled CS2 then our
droplets won't work... I have a photoshop CS3 droplet but it's "lame"
because it will not drive thru defaults in some dialogs and you have to
sit and click OK on on every image being processed in the batch...but it
works.
#  In the GUI for the daily build, the action to set the path to the
slide show will automatically generate today's folder and move the slide
show into that folder, BUT you must manuallly upload to the server (see
below)

-----------

In the above, one want a numbered list 1 to 6 with indented bullets
underneath.  Instead we get
1
   *
   *
1
2
3
4
5
  *
  **
1

If there is no easy simple solution in the core mark up,
I would be open to some "outliner" recipe if one exists.

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com