[pmwiki-users] includesite and includeurl?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat May 12 02:48:57 CDT 2007

Friday, May 11, 2007, 2:53:29 PM, Russ Fink wrote:

> Hi, why are there two recipes that do basically the same thing, includesite,
> and includeurl?  They seem functionally equivalent, but mutually agnostic.
> Can someone fix this up, or recommend which one should be used?

IncludeSite displays an external url in an <iframe> tag.

IncludeUrl are actually two recipes: a  markup which includes a url
but does not embed it, and a script which can display an external url or
internal filepath as an ebedded object. It uses the <object> tag,
except for IE, where it uses <iframe>. It also has an option to set
  $EnableExternalResource = 0;
which will disable the use of external urls (starting with http: or
https: ) for sites which want to include internal html pages via a
filepath, but want to prevent inclusion of external pages.

I don't know what you mean with mutually agnostic?
One should only use one or the other, as they use the same markup.
No point installing both.

  ~Hans