[pmwiki-users] includeurl and scroll bars

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 09:00:22 CDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to include a Picasa photo gallery into my website.  I have
experimented with includeurl, and it works fine for statically-sized pages.

The problem is, includeurl makes you pick a height for the rendered area,
and Picasa includes a thumbnail page whose height varies with the number of
pictures in it.  Since I cannot know the height of the page prior to
rendering, I run the risk of getting a vertical scrollbar if I've undersized
it,  or of having too much head space if I've oversized it.  I would not
like to have the scrollbar appear at all.

I tried the Markup version of includeurl, and that gives me the layout of
what I want, but it cannot deal with relative urls embedded in the page.
Try including google.com, and you'll see all the images are broken because
they use relative URLs.

Is there a way to get the script version of includeurl, but without ever
seeing a vertical scrollbar?  Vertical scrollbars are confusing to the user
because there are effectively two scrollbars - one in the frame/object, and
one for the surrounding page.  I would like only one on the surrounding
page.

Alternatively, if someone can point me to a recipe that looks and acts like
a Picasa gallery, that's fine as well.  The problem is, I looked at 3 or 4
recipes and they all are clunky in some way or another.

Thanks,
Russ