[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 10 15:11:34 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:00:40PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
>      Did you also remove the .pageindex file?
>
>    No. That was it.
>
>    Everything works OK after deleting it.  The first call takes some time to
>    re-generate it, then everything works fine and fast.
>
>    Great !
>
>    Thanks a lot.
>
>    (A ReindexAll function and/or action would be nice.)

Agreed it would be nice -- unfortunately, it's not the simplest
thing to implement at the moment.  Doing a re-index currently
would require loading and re-saving each page, which would
take a fair amount of time.  Or, we'd need a marker in the
page files that says "no need to reindex this one"

We'd also have to figure out which authors and IP address to
credit the reindex to.  (Yes, in theory we could just "leave
them alone", but things aren't currently set up to facilitate
that just yet.)