[pmwiki-users] pagelists link= with pages generated externally

Christophe David pmwiki at christophedavid.org
Wed May 9 16:23:59 CDT 2007

As suggested in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageFileFormat , I
generate PmWiki pages from external applications, in order to produce
reports and other things while taking advantage of all the PmWki features.

Everything works fine, except that I cannot get categories to work properly
:

1) $CategoryGroup= 'ReportsCategories';  (in Reports.php)
2) ReportsCategories.GroupFooter contains  "xxx (:pagelist
link=ReportsCategories.{*$Name} list=normal:) yyy"
3) I generate a page Reports.ReportNumber1, that contains [[!CategoryName1]]
4) I generate a page ReportsCategories.CategoryName1 (with the text line set
to "text=")

When I read the page Reports.ReportNumber1 and then click on the link to
CategoryName1, PmWiki loads the page and displays the
ReportsCategories.GroupFooter,
but the pagelist remains empty.

If I then do some manual editing in the page, the pagelist works OK and
shows the links to the page.

I guess PmWiki must do some internal "indexing" when saving the pages, that
is uses later on to retrieve the links to the pages efficiently.

Is this correct ?

If yes, can an action be used or a function be called to "re-index" so that
the pagelists using link= work OK with pages generated externally ?

Thank you in anticipation.

Christophe