[pmwiki-users] AllGroupFooter : problem with align right

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed May 9 10:35:57 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:19:39AM +0200, St�phane Heckel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My Site.AllGroupFooter  page is
> {align:right}Last Modified {*$LastModified} by {*$LastModifiedBy} {align}
>
> remark : the confluence script is activated.
>
> My config.php scripts contains (pmwiki beta44) :
> $GroupFooterFmt = '(:nl:)(:include
> $SiteGroup.AllGroupFooter:)'.'(:nl:)(:include $Group.GroupFooter:)';
>
> Result works great on the first page :
> http://pmwiki.confluence.free.fr/
>
> If you click on Partner/The Partner, you can see that the "footer" is left
> aligned, ...

The reason is that the text containing the "Last Modified ..."
immediately follows a left-justified paragraph, and PmWiki isn't
able to change paragraph justification in the middle of a
paragraph.

Phrased slightly differently, the markup starts out as:

    2 Apr 2007 : Seminar
    {align:right} Last Modified {*$LastModified} by ... {align}

After processing the {align:...} markup, we end up with

    2 Apr 2007 : Seminar
    %right% Last Modified {*$LastModified} by ... %%

and since %right% occurs on the second line of the "paragraph",
it's too late for PmWiki to be able to change the alignment.

It might be better to have {align:right} output a <div>...</div>
instead of converting to a wikistyle markup.  Then it's more
likely to look correct.

> If you click on Administration/Document, the "footer" is missing, ...

There is a >>comment<< div at the end of the page that is
treating all markup that follows as a "comment".  It probably needs
to be closed, or else the AllGroupFooter should explicitly close
any open divs with >><< .

Hope this helps,