[pmwiki-users] Category - Links not to include

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:59:16 CDT 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Also, there's the option of using an http-link from Main.HomePage to the
> Category page.  This won't be treated as a page link, and Main.HomePage
> won't be considered part of a category.
>
> I.e., instead of
>
>    [[Category.Something]]
>
> use
>
>    [[{Category.Something$PageUrl}]]
>
> to create a link to a category page that doesn't get counted by the
> link= option.

I'm afraid I don't understand the above at all at first glance. Nor on
second glance.  Trying to parse it: It's a variable (now I saw the '{' and
'$'). So it's probably defined in the concept of the page
'Category.Something'. Hmm... I see, it's the $PageUrl of that page. And
finally that becomes a link.

Yikes... readability is awful here.

/Christian