[pmwiki-users] FW: Installation Quest.: How to pt. web server to pmwiki.php script( thx to Peter/Neil, & Christian)

Karina texask at gmail.com
Mon May 7 16:19:14 CDT 2007

> I just went to http://www.hispanic.org/pmwiki.php and it seems to be
> working ..  What exactly are you having problems with?
>
> Heading to the pmwikis directory, however, seems to break things...
>
> > Just to make sure I have this set up right:
> > *Root directory has 1 folder: "pmwiki-2.2.0-beta" --> I renamed
to "pmwikis"
> > **Clicking on "pmwikis" folder: there are the 6 folders: "cookbook,docs,
> > local, pub, scripts, wikilib.d" & "pmwiki.php"
> > ***I put the "config" file in the "local" folder as Neil directed.(thx for
the
> > explanation)
>
> So how do you want someone to approach your site?  Do you want them to
> be able to just go to :
>
> http://www.hispanic.org
>
> Or :
>
> http://www.hispanic.org/pmwikis
>
> ??
>
> > I read most folks have this set up in 10 minutes - yikes!
>
> Depends heavily on the configuration of the server, experience level
> of the user, and other factors..  Don't get discouraged, we're here to
> help you ...

OMG! It does work!
It's absolutely amazing! I've been going to www.hispanic.org this whole time,
not www.hispanic.org/pmwiki.php - didn't know to go there.

I'm so pleased!!!! Thank you, thank you!  THANKS for you words too!

p.s.: It'd be great if the url at the top of the screen would say just
http://www.hispanic.org

and not http://www.hispanic.org/pmwiki

how do i do that?