[pmwiki-users] Experimental captcha recipe

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:43:18 CDT 2007

This was actually meant for the list..  Doh!

On 5/7/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> For sites that don't have PHP image libraries available, the
> {$Captcha} markup displays the challenge value as plain text
> instead of an image.  It's also configurable, which means that
> it will be possible to plug in other obscuration methods
> if plain text or the captcha image generator I'm using aren't
> sophisticated enough.

Very nice..  Is the length of the captcha configurable?  It looks like
you're using a length of 4 characters right now (which all seem to be
numbers..  no letters?)

Are you planning on adding any additional obfuscation methods, or is
that left as an exercise to the reader?  :)

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com
http://blog.godshell.com