[pmwiki-users] Posting Permission Patterns

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat May 5 06:21:46 CDT 2007

Friday, May 4, 2007, 8:08:04 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> So, if I were using Fox's markup, it would have entries like:

>     'Site.*' => '',               # disallow updates to Site.*
>     'PmWiki.*' => '',             # disallow updates to PmWiki.*
>     '*-Talk' => ':foxappend',     # we can append to *-Talk
>     '/PITS.\\d+/' => ":fox 'formname'"  # we can update PITS.\\d with formname

Rethinking this once more, I can now see a value in it, but would like
to use not strings to check for, but set general allowed processing
actions. For instance (but not proposing these as defaults):

  'Site.*' => 'none',       //disallow any form actions to Site.*
  '*-Talk' => 'add,delete', //we can add and delete posts to *-Talk
  'Test.*' => 'all',        //all form actions are allowed to Test.* pages
  '*.*'    => 'newedit',    //new pages opened for editing are allowed anywhere

And on Site.FoxConfig an admin can add page posting permissions like this:

  Forum.*: add,delete

This uses a few keywords for specific processor actions/commands.

I like the syntax because it allows expansion for future form
actions/commands. It may be possible to integrate string checking as
well in this syntax, but I don't see the need yet.

  ~Hans