[pmwiki-users] Error when using 'call system' in code block

Luis luis.apiolaza at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:39:43 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am writing some explanations on using SAS (statistical software), for
which I am trying to use @@code here@@ or (:source lang=SAS:)[@ some code
here@], which uses the  source block recipe. It works OK until I try to use
some code that includes "call system(file name);" For example, if I use:

(:source lang=SAS:)[@
data _null_;
    call system('c:\simproj\analysis.bat');
run;
@]

when saving the page I get the error message ""The server is temporarily
unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems". I have tried several code examples, and have problems only with
call system.

Does anybody:
1. Know why is this happening?
2. have a workaround?

Cheers,

Luis

'We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can
see plenty there that needs to be done'--Alan Turing