[pmwiki-users] Group passwords\login

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 4 15:04:05 CDT 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 03:27:58PM -0400, IchBin wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Okay, I'm now officially confused, so I'll restart.  Your original

> > The big question I have is this... given that we have a group *read*
> > password (which prevents reading of any page in the group),
> > what should a visitor see before that read password is entered?
>
> For this sake of argument example they would see only the pmWiki doc and
> website links.

No, I mean.. what do they see in the main content area?
If a visitor browses to the url for the Group, and the pages
(incl. the HomePage) are all protected by a read password,
then what is the visitor to be looking at in the main content
area?

Or is the Home Page for the group going to be publicly readable?

Apologies if I'm coming across as dense or pedantic -- I'm just a
little confused.

Pm