[pmwiki-users] Space char in include

Hladůvka Jiří mail at revida.sk
Thu May 3 17:00:12 CDT 2007

 > What version(s) of PmWiki?
beta 44

 > Can you demonstrate the problem in the Test group on pmwiki.org,
 > or provide a url?

On my site http://www.revida.sk/wiki/index.php/JITS/JITSsnip
there are snippets of JITS version 20070418
where the anchors have the white space in front e.g.
(:include {*$Group}/JITScfg JITS/JITScfg #Project#Projectend:)
an it works perfectly.
As well in my <group>.PageHeader is
(:include JITS.JITSsnip #grpftr#grpftrend:)

But on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/JITS-Talk people are
complaining the text before the starting anchor is displayed.
The OtherMichael wrote that removing the spaces helped.

On today I started removing the spaces in on my standalone instalation
an the problem araised -- the bug is not probably in the spaces -- I had
to change all alternative includes e.g.
from
(:include {*$Group}/JITScfg JITS/JITScfg #Project#Projectend:)
(:include {*$Group}/JITScfg#Project#Projectend
JITS/JITScfg#Project#Projectend:)

which says "take snippet between #Project and #Projectend anchors from
current group page JITScfg and if the page does not exist use the
snippet between #Project and #Projectend anchors from JITS group, page
JITScfg".

I do not understand why it was OK from the very first JITS version (and
still on my site it works) and in other environments it does not work.

Now I released JITS version 20070503 as it works fine on my standalone
already and hope it will work on other sites correctly.

Best regards,
Jiri