[pmwiki-users] Wiki On A Stick

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Thu May 3 06:35:52 CDT 2007

On 2007-05-03 christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com is rumoured to have said:
> > So I added this to http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiOnAStick
>
> Now is probably a good time to say that I chose that name very quickly. If someone can come up with a better suggestion, please do!  I think ... "on a stick" is misleading (although funny). I'm sure you could use the recipe just as well to create a standalone wiki installation on the hard drive.

I really like the name "wiki on a stick", so much so that I used it in a
paper I gave on this very topic a few years ago. I would vote to keep it.

As you noted, the XAMPP install works just fine on a hard drive, and I
actually use both (not at the same time). For those who like to tweak
setups, you can have multiple installations of XAMPP, each with its own
particular bits of software enabled.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/