[pmwiki-users] Warning messages (Was: (:include:) directive not working fully)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:45:40 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> (:include PageNameHere#start#end:)
>>
>> However, if the page does not contain the #start anchor (i.e, page

I think this is a user case examplifying the need for "warning" or "error"
messages. What I'd like is some mechanism that allows you to render pages
with some extra 'debug' options set, so that you get warning messages in a
case like this, i.e. if an anchor that's supposed to be there is missing.

It's not that I'd like the messages to be enabled all the time, just that
the ability to enable them now and then.

As for the output channel of the messages, I can think of several
alternatives:

* Some area appended to the end of the page
* Some log file on the server - either only available to the
   administrator, or also some mechanism to view this.
* Having messages sent to some specific page, e.g. Site.Messages
   or Site.LogMessages. In case that page fills up, maybe it should
   have some automatic clearing functionality.

Should I file the above as a PITS?  (I think some disucssion first is in
order though).

/Christian