[pmwiki-users] YouSendIt Replacement?

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Wed May 2 21:06:52 CDT 2007

My wife currently uses PmWiki to run her business website. She asked me today
if there was a recipe she could use to duplicate the functionality of <a
href="www.yousendit.com">YouSendIt</a> on her site for when she wants to
distribute confidential information to her clients.

For those unfamiliar with YouSendIt, it allows one to upload files and specify
who can download them (by email address). Those people receive an email
containing an autogenerated cryptographic URL like:

www.yousendit.com/files/AKD8LK38LAS8L38F8LS8NL9

The person who goes to that URL is then (optionally) prompted for a password.
After supplying the password they can download the file, and the site takes
note of the fact its been downloaded.

There is also an overview screen for the account holder that shows what files
are in storage for download, when they were uploaded, how big they are, and if
they've been downloaded yet.

All of this sounds doable with PmWiki, but I don't know of any recipes that
provide these features, or even come close. I'm willing to write such a thing
from scratch, but if someone knows of some recipes that provide some (or all!)
of these features, to give me a starting point, I'd love to hear about it.