[pmwiki-users] {$$vars}

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue May 1 12:29:28 CDT 2007

Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 5:19:45 PM, Martin Fick wrote:

> Hmm, I guest this means that we already have
> templating built into pmwiki, just not with the
> include command!

To be precise:

The (:include :) directive allows data display via a template, by
using this syntax:

  (:include <templatepage> basepage=<datapage>:)

Any {$$var} on <templatepage> will be replaced by the corresponding
PTV on <datapage>.

We also can use already

  (:include <templatepage#section> basepage=<datapage>:)

to use one particular template section from a template page which
holds multiple templates, similar to the pagelist templates.

Not yet possible is the use of

  (:include <templatepage> var="some data value":)

or

  (:include <templatepage> basepage=<datapage#section>:)

  ~Hans