[pmwiki-users] Drafts, moderated wikis, and PITS 00755

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 31 15:27:37 CDT 2007

I've now implemented the new drafts handling code in the 'Test'
group on pmwiki.org -- feel free to try it there:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Sandbox

When drafts are enabled, the edit form has the following buttons

    [Publish]  [Save draft]  [Save draft and edit]  [Preview]  [Cancel]

The "Publish" button always saves to the page without a -Draft suffix.
The "Save draft" and "Save draft and edit" buttons always save to a
page with the -Draft suffix.

We also introduce a 'publish' authorization level, which if not
set falls back to using whatever 'edit' restrictions may be in place.

If an author has permission to edit but not to publish, the [Publish]
button will appear disabled in the form.  (To see how this works,
set a 'publish' password on a page in pmwiki.org's Test group and then
edit it.  The ?action=attr password for the Test group is "quick".)

Please feel free to experiment with the new draft implementation and
provide comments.  This will likely appear in the next beta release.

Thanks to everyone for all of the very helpful comments on this feature!