[pmwiki-users] Database Standard and ADOdb

SMETS Stephane BKS-IT stephane.smets at banksys.be
Fri Mar 30 01:58:59 CDT 2007

Hi Ben

 -----Original Message-----
> I try to use dataquery cookbook with adodb.
>From the looks of this error, it looks like your username is ODBC.
I had try a little debuging. In adodb-mysql.inc.php, in the function _connect, if I print the 3 connection parameters Arghostname etc, they seems empty !
In adodb-connect.php, around line 101 when the program try to connect in //standard DSN connection, the $dsn is correctly filled up!
And finaly (but I don't know if it help), I can work with a Msaccess database

That's unusual... is it correct?  Could you copy your configuration of
the $Databases variable, with your password obscured with ****s, so that
I can see what you're working with?

$Databases['hb1'] = array(
 'driver' => 'mysql',
'hostname' => 'phobos.win.banksys.be',
 'database' => 'hb_dataaligned',
 'username' => 'dumpdata',
 'password' => 'd123/456');

> We use PHP 5.20 and the Mysql is 5.1.14 : is adodb compatible with the
> new Mysql client used in these release?

Honestly, I'm not sure.  I think the latest verison of MySQL I've tested
it with is 5.0.27 (with PHP 5.21).  The ADOdb software has not been
revised since August 2006,

What do you think about oleDb ?

so there is a "definite possibility," as we
say, that it may not be compatible with MySQL 5.1, but I would be surprised.

When you say you checked that the login info is correct, does that mean
that you've used the same login info with another PHP program on the
same server, or did you just check that it's *theoretically* correct?

The account is used by another programs in Php and also Perl so...

I see you're using Windows... is your Web server Apache, or IIS?  I have
had no luck with IIS, personally.
It is an Apache
Stephane
(you probably read this after I left the office for the Week end, so don't be surprised if I answer only next Monday -:) We are here at GMT +2)

sa Banksys nv - Chaussee de Haecht 1442 Haachtsesteenweg
- 1130 Brussels - Belgium
RPM-RPR Bruxelles-Brussel - TVA-BTW BE 0418.547.872
Bankrekening-Compte Bancaire-Bank Account 310-0269424-44
BIC BBRUBEBB - IBAN BE55 3100 2694 2444

"The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment thereto is confidential and may contain information which is protected by intellectual property rights.
This information is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above.
This e-mail does not constitute any binding relationship or offer toward any of the addressees.
If you are not one of the addressees , one of their employees or a proxy holder entitled to hand over this message to the addressee(s), any use of the information contained herein (e.g. reproduction, divulgation, communication or distribution,...) is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and destroy it immediately after.
The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed and it may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, for which we accept no liability."