[pmwiki-users] help: setting up my wiki..

William Hurford hhurford at llamazone.com
Thu Mar 29 14:36:52 CDT 2007

Is there an existing recipe I can follow, to set up the wiki on my web-site?

Overview:
I have created a web-based service intended for paying customers. It is
based on php and mysql, comprises about 90 files totalling 230K. I have 5
remote collaborators ready to start with the help, promotion, and tutorial
pages.. which are what the search engines will find.

Requirements:
1. I want each person to be able to contribute comments about each page of
the application.
2. I want each person to be able to contribute tutorial-text for each page
of the application.

Implementation??:
-PMwiki seems like an ideal solution.
-Set up a wiki-group for comments, and one for help-content
-Each page of the application ( in a separate 'documentation' directory)
will have:
·       link to a corresponding page in the comment-wiki
·       link to a corresponding page in the help-wiki
-Would be nice if any of the 5 collaborators could also create pages
without my involvment.

Question: - - - - -
How do I set up userid/password, for the system, and for each user, so that
the history for each page identifies who added what and when? And..
how/when do they identify themselves ( login?) when they want to add
comments to a page, or create a new page?

There is certainly no lack of documentation, and the system seems to be
absolutely marvelous.. however, I have never used a wiki before, let alone
install one, let alone configure one, let alone administer one. So I am
finding too much documentation, and not the simple steps I need..

I have the basic install working on my localhost development system, and
want now to install the configuration described above on my host server. Is
there a recipe you can offer?

With thanks,
William Hurford