[pmwiki-users] Host concerns

Steve Glover steve at fell-services.net
Thu Mar 29 06:53:18 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 07:42 -0400, Dan Knight wrote:

> "Is there a way it can run without having the webserver writing files
> to your directory?  Or is that impossible?  I just hate to give the
> web server any sort of ability to do that, for fear of runaway
> processes filling up the drive, etc."

Can you get what you want from the wiki by editing a local copy, and
uploading changed pages as and when?

If not, I'd say you're somewhat stuck, as I can't really see how you can
use a wiki without being able to write to your directory.

It does sound like an odd restriction, to be honest....

Cheers

Steve Glover at                          email: steve at fell-services.net
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside,          fax: +44 (0)131-650 3308
Edinburgh EH9 1PR                          mobile: +44 (0) 7961 446 902