[pmwiki-users] Cookbook cleanup #2

pmwikidev at sigproc.de pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Tue Mar 27 03:01:27 CDT 2007

Hi,

a thing I like to add concerning cleanup:

Besides some sort of guide to recipes around a certain topic, which would
be an ideal helper, I found it also very useful to have some "See also"
links carefully set on each recipe page. Otherwise it happens all to
easily (especially to new users) that one uses "old" (almost obsolete)
recipes where a better one already exists - which just happened not to
have been found.

For example, I just discovered that there is JsMath, which is surely
better than LinuxTex. But none of them quoted the other.

Obviously for this it is just enough to, whenever _introducing_ a new
recipe, do a small "research" in the PmWiki world what is already out
there. (BTW all said holds also true for PITS entries.)

Maybe consider also taking a "See also" up into the recipeinfo to
emphasize its importance.

Thomas