[pmwiki-users] leading spaces switch for 2.2.0 (somewhat important)

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 16:49:44 CDT 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007 23:23, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 11:13:34PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
wrote:
> > Note that it in addition to preformatted, it's also 'escaped' in the
> > sense that markup within [@...@] will not be recognized. So I'm someone
> > is wondering how do I get preformatted text?
> >
> > And how do I get indented preformatted text?
>
> I'm still working on these.  "Indented preformatted text" is likely
> to use the "->" notation somehow.  But I'm open for suggestions.
> And, of course, there will always be the option to enable the leading
> spaces rule in config.php.  :-)
>
> Pm

Hi Patrick,

Slightly off-topic but since we talk about escaping stuff:

It would be very nice to have a possibility to escape the *contents* of
PageVariables and PageTextVariables such as {=$LastModifiedSummary} or
{=$:Categories}. The reason if the contents of a page variable contains some
important directive, that it be not applied to the current page, but to
display only the escaped text contents.

Currently either [==] and [@@] will display just "{=$:Categories}" without
expanding the content which may be "[[!Uploads]], [[!Images]]". It should be
able to do [={=$:Categories}=] and this should mean [=[[!Uploads]],
[[!Images]]=] and display plain text "[[!Uploads]], [[!Images]]" without
links.

Such a feature would be especially usefull on watch-lists (pagelists of
selected post recently modified pages).

Thanks,
Petko