[pmwiki-users] No page content shows!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 26 09:38:26 CDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 12:14:38PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Monday, March 26, 2007, 11:15:07 AM, Hans wrote:
>
> > It was Firefox falling over something, and it needed to be closed and
> > started fresh.
> > Something to do with session variables, I need to explore now further.
>
> For information:
> I was using
>
>       session_register($varName);
>
> in a script, which worked fine on my local machine, but not on the
> hosting server apparently!

According to the PHP docs[1], session_register() works only when register_globals
is enabled (and it's highly recommended that register_globals be disabled).
The page further goes on to caution that if a script uses $_SESSION (which
PmWiki definitely uses), then don't use session_register().

To be honest, I didn't even realize that session_register() existed, which
is why I had to go look it up.  :-)

Pm

[1] http://www.php.net/session_register