[pmwiki-users] foxforum don't create new topic

Mike Bishop mbishop at mtaonline.net
Sun Mar 25 18:13:35 CDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 12:00:17AM +0200, malexism at free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying Fox cookbook for a forum. I'm using PmWiki 2.2.0 beta 16.
> I can't create new topic with the field in the homepage of the group. No
> error message, just returning to the home. I read and do instructions
> for the home (index) page, for the GroupFooter page, and then for
> "Commentbox with Access Code" and the "FoxCommentTemplate", both in Site
> Group.
>
> The strange thing is that I think it works twice or three time... I
> delete, rebuild, but nop.
>
> Maybe someone can test and help ? :
> http://www.adiu.fr/a/index.php/ForumArtsCulture/HomePage
>
> Thanks.
> marc
> --
> http://www.malexism.com/

     Hmmm.  I may have bumped into this a few weeks ago.  I think
     it has to do with access codes.  If you have enabled access
     codes in your local/config.php, but *don’t* want them for an
     initial post (and your form had no access code on it), you
     need to *disable* the access code for the main formum page.
     In your case create the file ForumArtsCulture,HomePage.php
     in your local/ directory, with the following content‐‐
     <?php
     $EnableAccessCode = false;

     This works for me.  If I added the access code to the
     initial form, the user then had to enter it twice, which was
     a pain.  See my comment and HansB’s reply on Cookbook/Fox‐
     Comments.

HTH,
--
Mike Bishop