[pmwiki-users] Site.Blocklist

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 23 14:28:26 CDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 11:37:17PM +0000, Francis Casson wrote:
> On that note:
>
> I enabled auto blocklists a few days ago but so far they have failed
> to download anything. Are there any common reasons for this?  The script
> is running OK because it is creating Blocklist pages which say "####
> Unable to download blocklist"

In all likelihood your PHP installation doesn't allow url fopen's,
and thus the blocklist recipe is unable to download the blocklist
information from pmwiki.org.

Try setting $EnableDiag = 1; on your site, then run it with
?action=phpinfo and look for the "allow_url_fopen" setting.
If it's set to "Off", then that's the likely culprit.

(I've also updated the blocklist code to report this automatically.)