[pmwiki-users] Confluence flavor

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 22 16:17:16 CDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 10:07:40PM +0100, St�phane Heckel wrote:

> "Patrick R. Michaud" wrote :
>
> > Conversion isn't at all difficult; the biggest question is how
> > we can get the data out of Confluence and into PmWiki.  I don't
> > know very much about how Confluence stores its data... any ideas?
> > Or were you perhaps looking to simply copy-and-paste the
> > pages into PmWiki and then let it do the conversion?
>
> copy/paste could be a first step, ... (but I know there is some internal
> mechanism to extract pages content to other formats)
> content should be stored with Confluence-style into PMwiki ... and converted
> on-the-fly to PMwiki.during the "display" process.
> is this realistic ?

Oh.  There are two reasonable approaches here:

1.  Continue to maintain and edit the pages using Confluence's markup
    codes, and PmWiki simply uses those codes in addition to (or instead
    of) its own markups.

2.  Have a conversion tool that automatically reformats pages
    given in Confluence markup sequences to the PmWiki equivalents.

Which is your preference?