[pmwiki-users] Newbie has been hi-jacked

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:46:56 CDT 2007

The PmWiki site is open and receives its share of spam. However, there
are a lot of eyes who check out the site and keep it relatively clean.
Perhaps the best source to learn how to secure your site is the PmWiki
Security site.[1] At the very least, I would encourage imposing edit
and admin passwords and provide them to each trusted user. For "full
blown" protection, then the AuthUser feature allows you to control
user access on a per-user rather than by email.[2]

[1]: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Security
[2]: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser

Ben Wilson

On 3/22/07, Amy Sweetman <amysweetman at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I took on a project with this pm wiki program that I probably had no
> business taking on, but it was a good idea at the time and it has received
> lots of support.  Anyway,  I really don't know much at all about computers
> and I just struggled to get my site up and rolling.  Now that it is up and
> people are using it, I have been informed that it has been hijacked and that
> my weblink is being used to post porn on blogs.  Can anyone offer advice on
> how to fix this and also does anyone know if there is a place that I can
> call or go to in order to get some tutoring so that I set my site up
> properly to avoid this type of problem in the future?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Amy
>

> Amy Sweetman
> Professor of Psychology
> Los Angeles City College

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill