[pmwiki-users] new version of Bonny Skin

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Mar 22 11:13:40 CDT 2007

Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 07:11:12PM -0400, Sandy wrote:
>> Kathryn Andersen wrote:
>>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BonnySkin
>> I like it! I especially like the textures. Very easy to read stuff
>> that's over them, and not over-used.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> One annoyance, though:
>>
>> The sidebar links show which ones I've already visited, which is unusual
>> for that level of the site-map. My first guess was that the recipe was
>> in multiple categories, each of which was highlighted.
>
> I don't understand.
>
> I'm not going to disable "visited" colours in links, because that loses
> information.  There's no good reason to hide from people what pages
> they've visited and what pages they haven't.
>
> Or are you referring to something else?
>
> Kathryn Andersen

Yep, that's what I'm referring to. Links in the side bar / site map
showing that they've been visited. Most commercial sites (all of the 5 I
looked at to confirm) leave the links in the sitemap the same, even if
you have seen it before. They might change it to show which part of the
site you're in, but not to show where you've been.

It's a matter of style rather than law. Just wanted to point it out in
case you had intended to program it the way I was used to but missed a step.

Cheers!

Sandy