[pmwiki-users] PageFileFormat - text

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 21 21:50:25 CDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 03:35:47PM +0100, Christophe David wrote:
>    On http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageFileFormat, I read "The markup
>    text needs to have newlines converted to "%0a" and percent signs converted
>    to "%25"."
>
>    When reading PmWIki files from an external program, one can see that '<'
>    are converted also (to %3C) .  Is this a feature that should be added to
>    the documentation page or a bug ?

PmWiki writes pages with '<' encoded as %3c (to help with security),
but it doesn't require that <'s be encoded that way in order to be
able to read the page.

If one wants to be able to read the page files directly, then it should
be able to convert any %xx sequence into its corresponding character.
The only characters that presently appear are newline (%0a), percent (%25)
and less than (%3c), but it's possible we would add more in the future.