[pmwiki-users] IDs attribbutes in wiki markups

Guillermo Calderon - INCO calderon at fing.edu.uy
Tue Mar 20 11:27:51 CDT 2007

Hi all;

I have a doubt about the inclusion of ID fields in some markups.
For instance:

  * tables simple and advance
  * input and form
  * styles %%
  * div and >> <<

In this markups, the author can write and id field wich will be
converted to and html id atributte.
The problem is that this way it is posible to obtain non-valid html
code because of duplicates ids can appear.
If writing a wiki page is a collaborative task, it is very hard than
an author have account what ids were written for others.
Moreover, the author doesn't know what ids are in no-editable  parts
of the page (the ones in template file .tmpl).

Mi questions:
Why  would an author like to write ids in a wiki page? (I think that
"class" is enought for more purposes)
How can we avoid duplicating ids if it is allowed?