[pmwiki-users] help with form using AddDeleteLine2

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 13:46:27 CDT 2007

Unfortunately, I don't understand the upload mechanism
very well and if/how one can perform an upload along
with posting other data.  Are you sure this used to
work?  Or was it perhaps it two steps, submit the
image, then submit the details?

It looks like you are creating two distinct forms
which is probably not what you want if you are trying
to do the entire submission at once.  Do a 'view
source' in your browser to see if that is the case?
If so, you probably want to eliminate the (:adl form
entry:) since you will have to create it manually.
Next, you will have to be sure to give the form you
create manually the correct name since you will not be
using the adl directive to do this.  Probably
something like this:  (:input form entry method=post
enctype=multipart/form-data:), check the syntax (note
the 'entry' as the name).

You then would have to somehow deal with the action,
does the adl need an action?  Can it handle two
actions (you already have a 'postupload' action
defined)?

Lastly, where are you trying to post this?  You
mention the same page as the photo, but you I am not
sure where you are trying to post the photo?  It looks
like from your form that you are trying to post it to
the current page?
> (:input hidden name=n value={$FullName}:)
So in the current page wherever you would like your
new table posted you would put an (:adl append:) line,
perhaps somewhere below your forms?

-Martin