[pmwiki-users] ZAPbeta 2007-03 complete!

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Mar 17 21:00:05 CDT 2007

On 3/17/07, SteP <step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan, congratulations on this new beta.
>
> The Editor wrote:
>
> > * Added a ZAPlink markup to create ZAP forms that submit when clicking
> > a link, and a ZAPsubmit markup which automatically submits a page as
> > soon as the page loads (neither uses javascript). These allow some
> > exciting possibilities for use of ZAP.
>
> Very interesting, can you explain more?
> Could I create a page that automatically submits an action when it's
> loaded? Could it automatically submit a sequence of actions? Or could
> autosubmit pages be linked into a chain that autosubmits each page in a
> sequence? Are the forms in the autosubmit page restricted to ZAP only
> forms or can (:input:) forms also be included?

Yes, anything you can put into a ZAP form can be called with the
ZAPsubmit markup.  The reason you cannot use POST values is the action
happens even before the user sees the page.  And there's never a form
submission. You can enter any data values you want however via the zap
input format, for things like {$AuthId} or whatever you want.

You can also put as many ZAP commands in the form as you want, and
since they are processed after conditionals, you can even use PmWiki
conditionals around them (I think).  Or you could use ZAP's form
processing conditionals as well to block submissions in certain
situations, or trigger different actions based on who logs in.
Whatever.  Same with zaplinks.  Really cool...

Any while it's probably easier to do all your stuff in one form, you
could easily chain several of them together on different pages and
have one triggered right after the other, each doing their respective
commands, finally landing on some page down the road that is passed to
the browser.

Cheers,
Dan