[pmwiki-users] Session ID Errors

Kevin Hayes kevinhayes at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 15 15:48:37 CDT 2007

At http://www.wikwik.com/test/ I'm getting these errors:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: The
session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z,
A-Z and 0-9 in /home/kphayes/public_html/wiki/test/pmwiki.php on line
1745

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed
to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting
of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in
/home/kphayes/public_html/wiki/test/pmwiki.php on line 1745

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at
/home/kphayes/public_html/wiki/test/pmwiki.php:1745) in
/home/kphayes/public_html/wiki/test/pmwiki.php on line 965

I can suppress these errors by editing pmwiki.php line 1745 as
follows:

  if (!$sid) @session_write_close();

This is a partial workaround; I'm getting frequent requests for
password (test on this wiki). On some wikis I get random-seeming
characters in the Author field. I usually have edit passwords but no
authorization on my wikis.

This started when my host upgraded PHP to 4.4.6. Here's what he said
when I asked him about it:

Yes, php was upgraded to version 4.4.6.  Version 4.4.5 did have a
sessions bug that broke Drupal and zencart/oscommerce.  That
sessions bug was fixed in 4.4.6 though.

EnableDiag is on at that site. Password is test. PmWiki is 2.2.0 beta
35.

Is there a fix? My users are starting to complain.

Thanks,

Kevin Hayes