[pmwiki-users] action diff, source and browse

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Mar 15 13:21:32 CDT 2007

If I read protect a group, will that be sufficient to

1) protect its contents from action=diff?
2) protect its contents from action=source?
3) Text Vars being read from it onto other pages?

I'm reworking ZAP's login system just a bit and wanted to make sure
security was adequate for password protection.

Second, what is the best way to encrypt/unencrypt passwords.
Currently passwords are plain text, but it would be nice to have the
recipe encrypt them using some php command, and then be able to
retrieve them again elsewhere in the recipe.

I saw crypt() and md5()  at php.net but there's no evident way to decrypt.

Cheers,
Dan