[pmwiki-users] search/pagelist not working with FireFox

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 13 21:27:57 CDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 07:47:21PM -0400, the Other michael wrote:
> I can't come up with any other explanation -- pagelist directives
> return nothing, and search returns "0 items of 0 pages searched" --
> but only when viewing from FireFox 2.0.0.2, on my home machine.

I just tried viewing the page from FireFox 2.0.0.2 (Linux),
and it appears fine to me.  The fact that it says "0 items of 0 pages
searched" means that PmWiki thinks for some reason that your home machine
doesn't have permission to view any of the pages.

You might try using ?action=logout, just to see if the browser is
logged in for some reason.  If that's not it, we might need to look at
the cookie settings in the browser -- one of those may be interfering
with (:pagelist:).  The version of PmWiki you're running (2.1.27)
will read cookie parameters as options to pagelist (this has been
fixed in one of the 2.2.0-beta releases).

> I've done a little digging, and the error console has this:
>
> Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'display'.  Declaration dropped.
> Source File: http://www.xradiograph.com/wrottings/wiki/pub/css/markup.css
> Line: 84

This is because MarkupExtension uses the 'run-in' value for 'display'.
It's valid CSS 2, but FireFox doesn't recognize it and reports it as
an error.  It's probably not the issue for this particular problem.

Hope this helps!