[pmwiki-users] Google Map API 2.2.0 Pre 6 Release (Icons)

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Tue Mar 13 12:51:16 CDT 2007

Snazzy!  I'll give it a whirl later this week.  Thanks again for your continuing efforts.

David

>>> "Ben Wilson" <dausha at gmail.com> 3/12/2007 8:00 PM >>>
Okay, I've been stalling for some time implementing some icon solution
for GMA. I apologize for the delay. Also, Pre 5 seems to have
disappeared. Fortunately, that appeared to only implement RecipeCheck
compliance and RecipeCheck seems to have been shelved pending a better
solution. So, Pre 5 as hasty.

Regardless, the new feature is called "Marker," and allows the wiki
editor to create markers from A-Z. The following markup indicates a
location with the 'Q' marker:

(:gma-point lat=38.8533 lon=-77.124 marker=Q:)

The markers are provided by Google itself. I am aware that Google has
a lot of similar markers, and I plan on a rather simple add-on to this
"success" that will allow access to said markers.

As always, I appreciate your input.

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GoogleMapAPI

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" --- Churchill