[pmwiki-users] refresh/cache bug

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Mar 13 06:15:59 CDT 2007

Well it's probably not a bug, but I need some help with a workaround...

Now that I've switched to a different approach for updating TextVars
in ZAP I'm noticing a problem more consistently than before.
Basically, I submit the form.  ZAP makes the changes.  HandleBrowse
reloads the page.  And then, while the text of the page has been
updated (can see by editing)--the page display shows the old text var
values until I refresh the page.

I think I'm seeing this more because I'm no longer using (:zapdata:)
which processed this kind of stuff differently.  I basically need a
command to update the text var cache/or refresh them, without losing
my messaging, which is what happens when you use Redirect...

By the way, the switch turned out to be much easier than expected, and
cut the code down by around 25%.  Much cleaner also.

I'm still hoping there will be only minimum breakage of existing forms
by this upgrade--basically forms using (:zapdata:) and if/validate.
Also savedata will work slightly different (like update before), and
to delete data values you will use erasedata.  Oh, and hidden fields,
unprotect, etc., are both gone.  Which may be a major problem for
those using ZAP's login system...

Well, anyway, thanks for any help that can be suggested for this
cache/refresh problem.

Cheers,
Dan