[pmwiki-users] Edit Template for a group

Dr Fred C drfredc at verizon.net
Sat Mar 10 17:28:53 CST 2007

OK, maybe I just can't read the nose in front of my face.  But I can't
seem to make any sense of how to make Edit Templates do anything but
provide a site wide template.  What I need is a template for a specific
group called "Roster".

The examples in Edit Template documentation aren't particularly clear as
to how to make this work.  If I put

 $EditTemplatesFmt = 'Roster.PlayerTemplate';.

into the local/config file, I get that Player template showing up site
wide for every new page. This isn't desirable.    BTW, having to put
this sort of stuff in local config seems like a kludge solution to this
problem.

  IMHO, it would seem intuitive to be able to define the Edit Templates
one wants to use for any particular group in the home page for that
group.  Or perhaps one might have a site.edittemplate page where someone
might define various group templates with something like
$EditTemplateFmt.Roster = 'Roster.PlayerTemplate';

  Perhaps that's how it can be done. Bottomline, the Edit Template
documentation doesn't provide any clear example of how one might get the
Roster.PlayerTemplate file to be the default template for new pages in
the Roster group.

Any help sorting this out would be appreciated.  I feel like it's
something that should be as simple as the nose on my face, but nothing
seems to get it to work as intended.

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc at drfredc.com