[pmwiki-users] Headers are not sending charset !

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sat Mar 10 11:36:19 CST 2007

Athan wrote:

thanks for the information on UTF-8. I will stay with ISO-8859-1

[...]

(you wrote "even pmwiki.org seems not to send any encoding header")

> > One minute ago, I got a HTTP-Header "Content-Type: text/html;
> > charset=ISO-8859-1;" from pmwiki.org
>
> Don't know about 8859-1, but the rest iso-8859-xx encoded XLPages definitely
> need an xlpage-iso-8859-xx.php or an $HTTPHeaders assignment in config.php.

right. I only wanted to clarify that pmwiki.org _does_ send the
correct encoding information.

BTW: it does also for http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiTr/PmWikiTr.
Didn't check other languages or pages.

The php files are in i18n.tar available at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Download

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen