[pmwiki-users] Annoying question: Why do people switch to PmWiki?

Mark Trumpold mark at ruthtrumpold.id.au
Fri Mar 9 04:35:01 CST 2007

Hi Andy

I was/am new to wiki, when I decided to look into it I thought I would go
for the one that everyone uses, the one that is Wikipaedia, the foundation
etc  etc etc . So I downloaded it, tried to install it, tried to work with
mysql and so on, (my ex web host was no help). As a result I found one
didn¹t require mysql and seemed to be low maintenance, which it has turned
out to be. Next came the adaptability of it, then came the fact that it did
just about everything else the other wikis promised Pmkwiki has... The final
thing was this user group which have worked out all my kinks and made my
site a success.

Mark

http://www.ruthtrumpold.id.au/itgswiki/pmwiki.php