[pmwiki-users] Annoying question: Why do people switch to PmWiki?

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:27:56 CST 2007

I've asked this before without getting any echo, but since there are some
folks who have apparently switched to PmWiki from other wiki software, I'm
interested to hear what their rationale was and what they feel about their
experience since.

I ask because there are people with whom I am in contact who have made
intimations about the quality of MediaWiki. On the latter I like it a lot
(per use in Wikipedia) and don't disagree, but I also like PmWiki a lot due
to its adaptability among other things. Frankly PmWiki was easier to set up
than some others I looked into a couple of years ago, but that is probably
not a factor for people switching to it...

Anyway, any feedback is welcome. "Case studies" may be useful in future
discussions. TIA.

Don