[pmwiki-users] Setgid on uploads

Grant D. Watson grant_watson at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 02:23:42 CST 2007

I've been messing about with PmWiki (2.1.27, mostly)
as I consider using it to replace a relatively small
static site.  I love it so far; the simplicity and
flexibility are amazing.

I've run into a problem with file permissions, but
whether it's a bug or a configuration problem I don't
know.  I'm using per-page uploads.  The uploads
directory is owned by the www-data user (the Apache
user), the group is owned by me and the directory is
setgid.  The subdirectories PmWiki creates share these
permissions.  The individual files that are uploaded,
however, are owned by www-data, in the www-data group,
and world writable (unlike the directories)!

Is there any way to make the files behave like the
directories in ownership and permissions (setgid
aside)?

If it is relevant, I am using Apache2 on Ubuntu, but
the deployment environment may be different (though
probably still Apache on Linux).

Grant D. Watson, <grant_watson at yahoo.com>