[pmwiki-users] session_write_close messages

Kevin Hayes kevinhayes at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 6 16:02:18 CST 2007

Without making any changes that I can identify as causing this, I'm
getting these error messages on several of my wikis.

The server's running PHP 4.46, Unix and Apache. I get the same
messages with PmWiki 2.1.26 and 2.20 beta 35. When I run
?action=phpinfo, no diagnostic info is returned, just the page.

I added this line to a local config file, with no effect. (session.d is
writable (777)):

session_save_path('/home/[deleted]/public_html/pmwiki/session.d');

I'm not using any AuthUser features. The pages display, either before
or after the messages, and I can edit pages successfully.

Errors:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: The
session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z,
A-Z and 0-9 in /home/[deleted]/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line
1745

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed
to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting
of session.save_path is correct
(/home/[deleted]/public_html/pmwiki/session.d) in
/home/[deleted]/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 1745

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home/kphayes/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php:1745)
in /home/[deleted]/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 965

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin Hayes