[pmwiki-users] disabling standard markup etc.

Seth Cherney sethcherney at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 09:35:26 CST 2007

are you saying that I should just create empty parameters, for example if I wish to disable some of the standard markup used for italics or bold?
Or, for example, I changed to format of headings, but didnt want to break everything, so I changed the standard parameters from being 1 exclamation to 6, to being from 2 exclamations to 6 (I am using !1! for heading 1 etc, so the one exclamation is in conflict). It is easy to add, hard to take away :).

thanks, Seth

Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 1:57:06 PM, Seth wrote:

> what are the best practices for disabling markup without replacing it?  I have had to
> edit the style sheets a few times.

To change css style definitions it may work (depending on the skin you
use) to simply add your custom css definitions to pub/css/local.css
for sitewide changes (create the file if it does not exist) ,
or pub/css/GroupName.css for groupwide css definitions for group
GroupName, or pub/css/GroupName.PageName.css for pagewide css
definitions of page GroupName.PageName.

For markup changes it depends very much what you want  to change.
Default values are often set in php scripts and recipes using SDV or
SDVA. For these you can create your own custum definition by placing
it in config.php before the recipe or script is loaded.
SDV and SDVA stand for SetDefaultValue and SetDefaultValue(in)Array.
Any default set earlier will be preferred from the SDV or SDVA value.

Hope this helps.

Hans