[pmwiki-users] Quick pagename search?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 13:48:31 CST 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 07:32:00PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Thursday, March 1, 2007, 7:09:35 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> > Or perhaps we just specify a pagelist option that identifies
> > what is to be searched by the search terms.  PmWiki's current
> > default would be "name,text,targets", but we could have an
> > option that limits the search to titles or names:
>
> >     (:searchbox fields=name:)
>
> This would be great. It avoids needing another markup for this.
>
> The word "field" may look a little strange. It refers to the page file
> lines, i.e. $page['name'], $page['text'] etc ?
> When I hear "fields" I think of forms. The page file structure is not
> normally referred to. Technically they are $page array values I guess?
> I just don't know what we call these, but perhaps there is a better
> term than "fields".

The page array values are called "attributes", but I wasn't
necessarily limiting the "fields=" parameter to page attributes.
In other words, it may also be that we want to allow page variables
to appear here, as in:

    ## search for terms in pagenames and $:Summary
    (:searchbox fields=name,$:Summary:)

Yes, this would give us two different ways to select pages
based on page variables... but what's wrong with that?  ;-)

I agree that a term other than "fields" would be better -- that's
all I could come up with on short notice.  But I'm also not
intending to limit it to $page array values.